Tuesday with Morrie
Woo today finally went for the long anticipated SAT. Hum how did i do? Ermz. Didn't finish the essay. Sort of left it dangling with a statement opposing my thesis. Aiya, don't really want to think le since what has been done has been done, just hope that everything goes well ba.After SAT is over, now it is time to face the preparation for block test. Yikes! I planned to start the revision this afternoon but... hehe... as always i am distracted. In the end, i spend the entire afternoon reading "Tuesday with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. It is a beautiful book and the bittersweet ending was really touching. Yet, the magic of the book reallie lies in it being able to make me reflect on a lot of things and learn with the character within the book. Here are some quotes from the book:
"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."
"The culture we have does not make people feel good anough about themselves. And you bave to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn't work, don't buy it."
"...family is about, not just love, but letting others know there's someone who is watching out for them."
"Do the kind of things that comes from the heart. When you do, you won't be dissatisfied, you won't be envious, you won't be longing for somebody else's things. On the contrary, you'll be overwhelmed with what comes back."

3 Comments:
Tuesdays with Morrie is a very, very good book about life. You could also watch the TV show about it, if you ever get the chance.
To be frank, I cried when I saw the ending...
--BIL--
Nod nod. I think anyone who reads the book can get some new insights/ enlightenment towards life...
They actually made tv show about it?
Well, i didn't cry. Felt this two contrasting emotions then. One that makes me want to cry, one to stop it; the latter is perhaps due to acceptance as conveyed in the book.
The ending was sad but not tragic. He had such a beautiful life before he dead..
Heys... I love that book too. In fact it's always sitting on the shelf right next to my desk, where i can pull it out and read it anytime. Sometimes I cry, sometimes not, and I get new insights everytime... Go read "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" too! (and that, by the way, is right next to Tuesdays With Morrie on my shelf...)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home